Frequently Asked Questions
- What is HelloSlide?
- What's the blue thing in your logo?
- How do I create my own presentation in HelloSlide?
- Typing the speech takes time! Why can't I just record my voice?
- How do I register for HelloSlide?
- What file formats do you support?
- How do you handle animations?
- Is there a size limit for each upload?
- How do I select the language of my presentation?
- How do I add a voice to my presentation?
- How do I translate my presentation to other languages?
- How does the Genius Bar work?
- Why isn't feature X working?
- Something we didn't cover?
Q. What is HelloSlide?
HelloSlide is a website that gives life to your presentations.
It helps you share your message more effectively, by adding voice on top of your slides.
Instead of recording your voice, just type the speech, and HelloSlide generates the audio automagically.
Q. What's the blue thing in your logo?
It's our mascot. It's a talking slide.
Q. How do I create my own presentation in HelloSlide?
- Upload a PDF of your slides to our website.
- Type the speech for each slide using our editor.
- Press play to hear your presentation.
Q. Typing the speech takes time! Why can't I just record my voice?
If you record the voice, you have to get it right in one shot, and you can't later change it. Also, you can't collaborate with your friends, and it's harder to make the presentation available in other languages.
Once you type the speech for your slides, you can:
- Edit the speech until it's perfect.
- Make it available in 20 different languages, automagically.
- Make your presentation more visible on the web, because search engines will index the speech in your presentation.
Q. How do I register for HelloSlide?
In the sign up page, enter your email and pick a password. We'll send you a email with a link that you can click to complete your registration. That's it!
Q. What file formats do you support?
For now, you can only upload your presentation in PDF, but we will soon support other formats.
If you created your presentation in PowerPoint or Keynote, you can export it to PDF:
Q. How do you handle animations?
For now, we support appear/disappear animations only. Here's how it works:
- In your presentation software, export to PDF so that the "builds" are printed on different slides. For example, on Keynote, select File → Export to PDF → Print each stage of builds. On Powerpoint, this separation must done manually (we're working on a solution).
- Upload the PDF to our website.
- In our editor, mark the subslides by dragging their thumbnails to the right. Subslides will be displayed appropriately when played.
Q. Is there a size limit for each upload?
Yes, each PDF must be smaller than 100 MB.
Q. How do I select the language of my presentation?
The language of the voice-over is selected when you upload your presentation.
We currently support 19 languages: Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. Let us know which other languages you'd like to see supported.
Q. How do I add a voice to my presentation?
After you upload your PDF to our website:
- Press the edit audio button in the top toolbar.
- Type the speech for each slide.
- Hear the result by pressing play in the top toolbar. There's also a preview button to hear the speech for just one slide.
Q. How do I translate my presentation to other languages?
Q. How does the Genius Bar work?
The genius bar defines concepts as they are mentioned in the presentation. In the voice editor, the author can mark the keywords to be defined with square brackets, like [this].
Q. Why isn't feature X working?
Sorry! Just let us know and we'll fix it!
Q. Something we didn't cover?
Just send us an email with your question.